For a full view this Apprentice Pathway please open the .pdf document at the bottom of the page
So you want to become an Australian Apprentice?
Australian Apprenticeships (often referred to as apprenticeships or traineeships) are the best way to combine training and employment and they can lead to a nationally recognised qualification.
Australian Apprenticeships are delivered through a cooperative arrangement between the Australian Government, State and Territory Governments, industry, employers and Registered Training Organisations.
Australian Apprenticeships offer a range of benefits, they:
- Are a great way to get a head start in a chosen career
- Involve paid work and structured training that can be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both
- Represent ‘competency based’ training meaning individuals can complete their training faster when they reach the required skills level
- Enable existing skills and prior experience to be recognised and course credit granted, potentially reducing formal training time
- Are available as full-time, part-time, or school-based
- Lead to nationally recognised qualifications and skills which can provide a basis for further education and training over the course of a person’s working life; and
- Are an important pathway from school to work.
Australian Apprenticeships are available to anyone of working age.
You can do an Australian Apprenticeship if you are a school leaver, re-entering the workforce or as an adult worker simply wishing to change careers or gain new skills.
You can even start your Australian Apprenticeship while you are still at school finishing Years 11 and 12.
Australian Apprenticeships are available in a variety of certificate levels in more than 500 occupations across Australia, in traditional trades, as well as a diverse range of emerging careers in most sectors of business and industry. For a comprehensive list of occupations and career pathways available through an apprenticeship or traineeship in your state or territory please visit www.aapathways.com.au.