Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices
The Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) program aims to
- increase apprentice retention rates, particularly in the first two years of training,
- improve completion rates and
- support the supply of skilled workers in industries undergoing structural change.
ISMAA gives intense specialist help to people who have barriers to finishing their training. This help is through frequent contact from a skilled industry mentor.
You will develop an Individual Mentoring Plan with your mentor to outline the support required.
24 organisations deliver ISMAA nationally and cover a range of industries including:
- building and construction,
- accommodation and food services,
- health care.