Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices
- increase apprentice retention rates, particularly in the first two years of training,
- improve completion rates and
- support the supply of skilled workers in industries undergoing structural change.
ISMAA gives intense specialist help to people who have barriers to finishing their training. This help is through frequent contact from a skilled industry mentor.
You will develop an Individual Mentoring Plan with your mentor to outline the support required.
24 organisations deliver ISMAA nationally and cover a range of industries including:
- building and construction,
- accommodation and food services,
- health care.
Apprenticeship Training - alternative delivery pilots
The Australian Government committed up to $9.2 million for five Apprenticeship Training – Alternative Delivery Pilots (the Pilots).
The industry-led Pilots commenced in 2016 and trial alternative apprenticeship training delivery arrangements.
The Pilots are:
- Australian Industry Group - Industry 4.0 Higher Apprenticeships
- Master Builders Australia - Pre-apprenticeship training
- National Electrical and Communications Association – Electrical Innovative Delivery & Pathways Project (complete)
- North East Vocational College – Student Builder Pilot
- PricewaterhouseCoopers – Higher Apprenticeships and Traineeships Pilot (complete)
The Pilots will be evaluated to assess industry validation and the potential for broad use by industry.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.